* 8th Graders who are not participating in Confirmation
The Story: The Bible As One Continuing Story of God and His People. “The Greatest Story Ever Told” is more than just a cliché. God goes to great lengths to rescue lost and hurting people. That is what The Story is all about—the story of the Bible, God’s great love affair with humanity.
The Story will sweep learners into the unfolding progression of Bible characters and events from Genesis to Revelation. Using the clear, accessible text of the NIV Bible, the stories, poems, and teachings of the Bible are arranged in chronological order so students can better understand God’s plan for creation and his people and, even better, it reads like a novel. And like any good story, The Story is filled with intrigue, drama, conflict, romance, and redemption—and this story’s true!
Copies of the NIV The Story will be available in class for use or purchase.
Class of 2013 (Grade 8).
What Do You Believe? This is a class for “putting all the pieces together”. We will begin with a practical historical overview of the Old Testament, emphasizing the unfolding plan of salvation as God reveals it through His covenants with the nation of Israel, and the fulfillment of those covenants in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. We will also explore the five main topical elements of the Christian story: God, Man, Jesus, The Cross and Resurrection.
Each youth participant will be joined in their journey of faith by their parents and an adult Mentor from the congregation. Periodically, Mentors and parents will join the class for discussion, service and faith sharing. At the end of the Confirmation year, participants will be asked to write a statement of faith in preparation for joining the Lewinsville Church community.
Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12
The Senior High classes have been formatted to follow the Adult Education Module schedule. Topics and teachers change every 4 to 6 weeks, with periodic interaction between adult and youth schedules with intergenerational topics and events.
- Module 1
- Sept 16 - Oct 7: Living Your Faith: Freedom Ride
- How to Talk to God
- How to hear God
- Three Reasons We Don't Hear God
- Following God's Leading
- Finding Your Gifts from God
- Putting Yourself in the Other Guy's Shoes
- Reformation Sunday
- Oct 28 - "That Mission Trip was Fun ... Now What?
- Special Session
- Nov 4 : "The Psalter" - led by Martin Tel and the Princeton Theological Seminary Choir
- Operation Christmas Child Project
- Module 2
- Nov 18 - Dec 16: What's the Least I Can Believe and Still be a Christian? A Case for Faith
- Intergenerational Christmas Event
- Dec 23: "Why Do We Call It Christmas?"
- Module 3
- Jan 6 - 20 : Film Study - "Is Hollywood Discipling You?"
- Annual Meeting
- Feb 3 - Mar 3: Intergenerational Class - "Holy Super Heroes"
- Lenten Study
- Mar 10 - 24: Christ Centered Labyrinth
- Module 5/6
- Apr 7 - May 19: Preparing for Life After High School - led by Returning College Youth