On the morning of Saturday, September 28, the people of Lewinsville—children, youth, adults and older adults—will have a chance to come together for a half-day of missional service as we help one another and our neighbors.
We will meet at in the chapel at 8:30 a.m. for coffee and breakfast snacks provided by the Men’s Square ChristCare Group. From there, we will break into teams to dedicate three hours of light work, 9:00 am -12 noon, at your choice of the following local projects:
- You can join the team at next door’s Lewinsville Retirement Residence. There you can offer assistance for tasks that residents are unable to do themselves (turning mattresses, cleaning the inside surfaces of windows, moving or changing apartment furniture, hanging pictures, deep cleaning behind furniture).
- You can go to SHARE (Self Help and Resource Exchange) which is located at McLean Baptist Church and distribute food and supplies from the food pantry or clothing from the clothing closet to SHARE clients. (Limited to 7 people)
- You can join the team that goes to Homestretch, Northern Virginia’s largest transitional housing provider for homeless families with children. There you can help prepare a home for a new family to move in.
- You can join the team at Chesterbrook Residences to help spruce up the grounds and the interior (picking up trash, deep cleaning, and helping residents with odd jobs).
- There will be a play-ground clean up at Franklin Sherman Elementary School for families who can dedicate one hour or just a short amount of time. This project allows even young children to join the Good Samaritan Day effort.
Sign up below or sign up at the staffed tables on Sunday mornings in September. We look forward to bringing together all generations of our congregation in one event as we get to know our neighbors and serve those in need.
And when you’re done at noon have lunch at the Lewinsville Retirement Residence (cost $7).
PLEASE SIGN UP BELOW: